Saturday, September 20, 2008

This is the day...

Remember the old hymn?
This is the day / This is the day
This is the day that the Lord has made
That the Lord has made
I will rejoice / I will rejoice
And be glad in it

Well, this morning Ethen woke me up earlier than I wanted; my eye itched and looking in the mirror...it's puffy (from my bee sting the other day); the clock didn't even have the number 7 anywhere on it...it was still in the 6's; and it's Saturday morning. Judah was still asleep and I was looking forward to having some quiet time while Ethen played on his own for a little bit. I was just about to use the restroom (by myself...a rarity w/ small kiddos) and Chris informed me that Judah was awake. Argh....double argh! Now my morning is nowhere near quiet and peaceful. And then I remembered that song...This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. So, my perspective changed!!
I also remembered the scripture that my MC friend once preached on:
But God, who is rich in mercy...
That was exactly what my spirit needed to hear. I love it when the Holy Spirit interrupts me and helps me get rid of my poopy attitude and helps me to have the mind of Christ! I love being a Christian!!

1 comment:

jacquelyn said...

thanks for that. i go through similar thoughts in the morning (=
i also dont understand how people can live without Jesus, it really boggles my mind... i tried it, it doesnt work! thank you Lord for helping us see that we are not enough!