Friday, October 17, 2008

Argh...Day 1 Me Harties!


Although there is a very funny/pirate side of this, it is kinda sad to me at the same time. His eye doc told us to do this for 1 hour per day until our next visit in three months. So, we did it. I only did it for 1/2 hour today so that his other eye didn't get too fatigued on the first day. We'll work our way up. Anyway, he was in good spirits about it today, but I fear it won't be as "new" from here on out. About 25 minutes into it, he asked to take it off...poor guy. He is eating strawberries and watching Backyardigans as I took this picture. And, by the way, it's not easy to get him to hold still, so all the other pictures I took were blurry. Maybe at 4 he'll slow down?!


The sad part to me is that he has something wrong with his eye. And as his mom I don't want anything to be "wrong" with my kids. I do all that I can to ensure they are in good health and in all areas. But, it is up to the Lord. Who knows, somehow it will give glory to God, whether we learn to pray more, or to see God heal it, or for us to grow closer to Him through it. I know and trust God. And, although this sounds like a heavy hearted post, I'm not making a mountain out of a mole hill.

No comments: